SUNDAY, March 19, 2017 is our next distribution day .
The Pantry is now located in Norwood at Simply Self Storage – Norwood. The address is 4900 Franklin Avenue, Norwood, OH 45212
IMPORTANT NEW RULES
- No Pantry clients before 8am on distribution date. NO EXCEPTIONS. The new location is in a residential area and we must be respectful of our neighbors or the Pantry will close for good. NO PANTRY CLIENTS MAY PARK ON THE PROPERTY. THERE IS A PARKING LOT ACROSS THE STREET THAT YOU MAY USE UNTIL FULL. EVERYONE ELSE MUST USE STREET PARKING. DO NOT PARK IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD BEFORE 8AM. DO NOT PARK IN THE PARKING LOT BEFORE 8AM. DO NOT WALK OVER TO THE LOCATION BEFORE 8AM. DO NOT GET DROPPED OFF BEFORE 8AM. IF YOU ARE FOUND IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, PARKING LOT, OR ON THE PROPERTY BEFORE 8AM, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE FOOD. THIS IS THE RULE OF OUR NEW LOCATION AND THE NORWOOD POLICE HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED OF THIS RULE. We will lose our right to use this space if this rule is not followed, so it is important.
- Please be respectful that we are now located in a residential area. Come get in line after 8am on distribution day. Stay in line. Do not go back to your car. Do not leave chairs to hold your place – they will be removed. Do not roam the neighborhood. Please keep the noise to a minimum. DO NOT BRING DOGS. Please do not drop cigarette butts. We want to be able to stay in this location, and that depends on how our clients act.
- There is a parking lot across the street from the location. You are welcome to use that until it fills up. After that, you will need to park in the neighborhood. If you are not parking in the parking lot, we will have you go get your car after you have submitted your application at the desk so that we can bring your food to the car – we cannot have carts going through the neighborhood.
- NO DOGS/CATS ALLOWED. LEAVE THEM AT HOME.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. You will be waiting in a line outside. No restrooms available.
- Don’t forget your picture ID and proof of eligibility. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU FOOD IF YOU DON’T BRING BOTH THINGS EACH MONTH. NO EXCEPTIONS! YOUR FOOD STAMPS DEBIT CARD IS NOT PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY. QUESTIONS – GO TO THE FAQS PAGE.
Please click the button for “I need pet food” to view our Eligibility Guidelines to ensure you can receive pet food assistance. Remember that we limit distribution to the first 150 qualified pet owners, which could mean that we will end distribution prior to noon (this is especially likely during months when the weather is nice).
You can click on the interactive map to get driving directions.
If you would like to volunteer at our upcoming Distribution Day, please click the button for “I want to help” to learn more about volunteer opportunities. Please note that while we truly appreciate the offers, pantry clients and their family members cannot volunteer with us due to insurance restrictions