SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2018 is our next distribution day.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST BRING YOUR PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY TO QUALIFY/RENEW YOUR ELIGIBILITY FOR 2018 (EVEN IF YOU HAVE A PANTRY ID CARD).
The Pantry is now located in Norwood at Orchem Corporation. The address is 4927 Beech St., Norwood, OH 45212
IMPORTANT NEW RULES
- No Pantry clients before 9am on distribution date. NO EXCEPTIONS. We must be respectful of our landlord or the Pantry will close for good. THERE IS A PARKING LOT FOR ORCHEM CORPORATION LOCATED TO THE LEFT OF THE ORCHEM BUILDING. THAT’S WHERE YOU PARK. DO NOT PARK IN THE LOT BEFORE 9AM. DO NOT WALK OVER TO THE LOCATION BEFORE 9AM. DO NOT GET DROPPED OFF BEFORE 9AM. THERE IS NO REASON TO COME EARLY AND WE WILL NOT GIVE FOOD TO ANYONE THERE BEFORE 9AM. IF YOU ARE FOUND IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, PARKING LOT, OR ON THE PROPERTY BEFORE 9AM, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE FOOD. THIS IS THE RULE OF OUR NEW LOCATION AND THE NORWOOD POLICE HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED OF THIS RULE. We will lose our right to use this space if this rule is not followed, so it is important.
- Please be respectful that we are now located in a residential area. Come get in line after 9am on distribution day. The line will be in the area where the dock is located across from Rumpke, up against the chain link fence. Stay in line. Do not go back to your car. Do not leave chairs to hold your place – they will be removed. DO NOT BRING DOGS. Please do not drop cigarette butts. We want to be able to stay in this location, and that depends on how our clients act.
- NO DOGS/CATS ALLOWED. LEAVE THEM AT HOME.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. You will be waiting in a line outside. No restrooms available.
- Don’t forget your picture ID and proof of eligibility/Pantry-issued ID card. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU FOOD IF YOU DON’T BRING BOTH THINGS EACH MONTH. NO EXCEPTIONS! YOUR FOOD STAMPS DEBIT CARD IS NOT PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY. QUESTIONS – GO TO THE FAQS PAGE.
Please click the button for “I need pet food” to view our Eligibility Guidelines to ensure you can receive pet food assistance. Remember that we limit distribution to the first 150 qualified pet owners, which could mean that we will end distribution prior to noon (this is especially likely during months when the weather is nice).
You can click on the interactive map to get driving directions.
If you would like to volunteer at our upcoming Distribution Day, please click the button for “I want to help” to learn more about volunteer opportunities. Please note that while we truly appreciate the offers, pantry clients and their family members cannot volunteer with us due to insurance restrictions